Peas Meal – Green Pea and Spinach Soup
At first look, the soup reminds me of the Hulk. And the soup is like that. Looks weirdly alien like but is yummy to taste. Ah!
Serves – 4
Preparation time – 20 minutes
• 1 cup fresh peas
• 1/2 cup blanched spinach
• 1 tsp butter
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1 tsp wheat flour
• 2 spring onions – bulbs only. Finely chopped
• Veg stock – 1 cup
• Salt and pepper powder to taste
• 1/2 cup milk
• Milk cream to garnish
• Note – cup size is about 200 ml.
1. Boil the peas and spinach in 1 cup water till the peas are tender
2. In another larger pan, heat the butter and olive oil together and saute chopped onions in it till transparent – DO NOT BROWN
3. Add the flour and saute till it is cooked
4. Add the liquid from the cooked peas and stir well
5. In a blender, add all the above cooked ingredients. Also add the milk and veg stock along with salt and pepper as per taste.
6. Run the blender till you get a nice green “smoothie” consistency
7. Strain the mixture into a larger pan and heat it gently. Do not boil this mixture as the milk may split.
8. Serve garnished with cream.